Are you aware of how many thoughts you have each day ? Research has shown that humans can process between 12,000 to 50,000 thoughts each day. This is approximately between 3.03 to 1.15 thoughts per second if we exclude the thoughts we have during an 8 hr sleep state.
This information isn’t as interesting as the fact that only 5%, yes 5% of our thoughts are new. The other 95% are old thoughts. Old thoughts are defined as those thoughts that you’ve repeated and thought about on a regular basis.
60% of these repetitive thoughts are thoughts that you have about yourself and the world around you. We call this our internal dialogue i.e. the conversations you have with yourself that no one else is party to. They are usually negative in some way and are often centred around your inabilities and failings.
So they could be about :
So take a moment now , sit quietly and simply become aware of your thoughts
Whatever your answers were, there is an easy process you can carry out that will alleviate some of what you are experiencing.
Remember you can choose the thoughts you have, just as you choose to have negative ones you can choose to have something else instead.
You are in charge which means you can take control and you can create NEW thoughts that will allow you to feel better and when you feel better everything else and everyone else around you feels better.
So go ahead now and do the …
One Minute Thought Change
Fantastic … how was that?
You have just learned an easy an effective way of being in charge of your thoughts !
Enjoy the process